The Curious Historian 2A
A one-semester course for grades 4 or 5 and up
The Curious Historian Level 2 is the second part in a 3-level series that presents the study of history and culture from the beginnings of civilization (Mesopotamia and Egypt) through the classical world to the Middle Ages. Students will grow excited about history, see how people throughout the ages were both similar to and different from themselves, and learn to be scholars of the past who can make a difference in the future.
Full program includes:
The Curious Historian Level 2A: Greece and the Classical World (TCH2A) includes weekly chapter lessons that present a chronological narrative of history. Accompanying sidebars feature historical and archaeological tidbits, discussion questions, and Greek/Latin root words for key vocabulary. A wealth of exercises, hands-on projects and activities, maps, and appendices help to present the study of history in an engaging, creative manner. The Curious Historian Level 2A: Greece and the Classical World (TCH2A) introduces students to:
Unit I: The Greek and Classical Period
- The world of the Greek polis
- Greek government and colonization
- The Persian and Peloponnesian Wars
- Greek culture: the Olympic Games, literature, sculpture, and religion
Unit II: The Hellenistic World
- Philip II and Alexander the Great
- Alexander’s Successors and the Hellenistic kingdoms
- Gifted Greeks—scientists, historians, philosophers, and more
Unit III: The Far East
- India’s first 3 empires
- China during the Spring and Autumn Period
- The Eastern religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Confucianism, and Daoism
The Curious Historian Level 2A Teacher’s Edition includes the full student text, detailed teacher notes and tips, a suggested weekly schedule, answer keys for all exercises, and sample responses and prompts for the discussion questions.
The Curious Historian's Archive: Extra Resources for Level 2A is a collection of digital supplemental materials that correspond with the TCH2A student edition. Available from Classical Academic Press as a digital download.