Teaching Writing: Style and Structure. 2nd ed
This powerful and inspiring seminar will transform the way you teach writing to children (and perhaps your own writing as well)! You'll learn how to incrementally teach students to write with clear structure and compelling style. Begin with the basics—rewriting a paragraph—and continue all the way into advanced creative and essay writing. Learn how to nurture excellence in writing and thinking in students of any age.
Many parents and teachers who have taken this course have expressed, “I wish I had learned this when I was in school!”
Whether your students are eager learners or reluctant writers, the award-winning Teaching Writing: Structure and Style video seminar will give you the tools you need to confidently teach your students to write well, think clearly, and express themselves eloquently and persuasively.
Teachers or teaching parents of students in grades K–12 and beyond will learn how to effectively teach their students to
- outline and summarize
- generate cohesive paragraphs
- create stories
- produce reports and critiques
- develop essays
- translate their thoughts and ideas into writing
- vary sentence structure
- use interesting vocabulary
- add literary devices
This complete package includes
- twelve Forever Streaming* Videos or DVDs:
- nine streaming videos or DVDs of the entire Teaching Writing: Structure and Style teacher training course, providing instruction on the nine structural models and multiple stylistic techniques (14 hours total viewing time—may be watched all at once, or viewed one at a time throughout the school year)
- three streaming videos or DVDs of sample Student Workshops at four different grade levels to help you with that first lesson
Premium Membership that allows you access to the following for one year from the date of activation:
- streaming video of the entire Teaching Writing: Structure and Style teacher training course
- streaming video of sample Student Workshops at four different grade levels to help you with that first lesson
- online Master Classes taught by Andrew Pudewa
- free access to our online IEW Checklist Generator™
- audio MP3 downloads of Andrew Pudewa’s most popular conference talks
- several PDF downloads
- TWSS Seminar Workbook, which serves as the guide for the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style and contains charts, word lists, sample lesson plans, and more!
*Forever Streaming is available from IEW.com as long as it is needed by the original purchaser. Nontransferable.
To be considered for accreditation, it is required that an applicant own a TWSS2 Seminar Workbook, Second Edition.
To activate your Premium Membership and/or Forever Streaming, follow the instructions on the card(s) included with your shipment.
Purchase an additional workbook for anyone doing this course in a group situation or sharing the cost of the Box videos among friends.
Serving as both syllabus and workbook for the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar, this essential resource also contains charts, word lists, sample lesson plans, and more. Purchase only if you already own or have access to the DVDs/video for the seminar—this Seminar Workbook is designed to accompany the DVDs/video, rather than to be used as a stand-alone.
For more detailed information please see the IEW website