Maths Smart Level 2B
The Maths SMART series comprehensively covers the Learning outcomes in the Cambridge Primary Curriculum framework using the very popular teaching style of Singapore Maths.
Concepts and key skills within each Chapter are developed in a structured and step by step manner following the popular Concrete > Pictorial > Abstract approach to help pupils gain a firm foundation in mathematics. Well-crafted questions and activities are infused throughout the package to allow pupils to reinforce concepts learnt and enable them to acquire key skills such as creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The System consists of 3 books working together to comprehensively teach each Maths concept: Teachers Guide, Student Textbook & Student Workbook
Teachers Guide: Provides an array of information, ideas and resources for complete teaching support. Every chapter includes :
- Scheme of Work & Chapter Overview
- Lesson Notes
- Supportive Teachers guide features
- Workbook Answer schemes
- Additional online support.
- Chapter Opener
- Learning Outcomes
- "Do you Remember?" questions
- Fascinating Facts
- Use of concrete materials and pictorials
- "Try This" Sections
- Hands on Maths Ideas
- 'On your own' questions
- Workbook links to correct workbook pages
- "Apply what you know" sections
- "I know that" key concept summary
- Worksheets - exercises and activities
- Putting it Together 1 - skill set questions
- Putting it Together 2 - Problem solving, My thoughts & Self Check
- Mid year review paper
Maths Smart 2B series covers:
- Multiplication and division - Multiplying by repeated addition, Multiplying and dividing by two, Dividing by two, Multiplying and dividing by 5, Multiplying and dividing by 10.
- Mental Skills - Mental addition, Mental subtraction, Find doubles and halves mentally.
- Money - values of notes, counting money, exchanging coins and notes, adding and subtracting money.
- Length - Length in centimetres, Length in metres, Comparing lengths
- Mass - Mass in grams, Mass in kilograms, Comparing Masses.
- Capacity - Units of measure for capacity - litre, half litre, Estimating, measuring and comparing capacity.
- Time - Telling time to 5 minutes, Telling time using a.m. and p.m., Telling time using time intervals, Months, days, calendars and timetables.
- Handling Data - Bar graphs, Carroll diagrams, problem solving.