Enjoy learning about Math while reading about Fred and his quirky tales of Life with the Life of Fred books.
Liver is the second book of 3 in the Life of Fred Intermediate series.
Life of Fred is a series of math books that break of the old pattern of drill and kill. Instead of nothing but dry exposition and endless drill exercises, they contain fun stories about Fred Gauss, a child prodigy math genius. During his hilarious adventures, he encounters situations that call for solving math problems. Children actually want to read these books.
After each chapter there are "your turn to play" sections where your child gets to practise with pen and paper, what they have just read about. Solutions are given over the page.
These books are all hardcover, not consumable workbooks which are beautifully presented enabling them to be read again and again.
Some of the concepts covered in Liver include but not limited to:
- What to Pack for Camp
- 1/4 + 1/4 +1/4 = 3/4
- Why Blowing Your Nose and Wiping Your Eyes Is Not Commutative
- I.e., E.g., Viz.,
- Elapsed Time
- the Two Rules of Survival
- Passing the Sat Exam
- the Three Angles of a Triangle Always Add to 180º
- What Can Go Wrong with a Lifetime Guarantee
- How To Be a Business Success
- the Pythagorean Theorem
- Finding Two-fifths of $400,000
- Ordering Tjvjik, Ghapama and Satsivi at a Restaurant
- Being a Hepatologist
Solving 2x - 7 = 11