Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the sixth day
Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the Sixth Day makes every day an adventure as you take your child on safari through jungles, deserts, forests, and farms—without ever leaving your backyard! During this course, your child will examine and enjoy the incredible variety of enchanting creatures God made to inhabit the earth.
Exploring Creation with Zoology 3 Textbook
Exploring Creation with Zoology 3 is a homeschool science course for elementary grades K-6 and part of our Young Explorer Series authored by Jeannie Fulbright.
What separates people from apes? How can a Great Dane be related to a Chihuahua? Is there evidence that people and dinosaurs lived at the same time? What should you do if you encounter a bear? How can you tell if a snake is poisonous? Come find out answers to these questions and many, many more with Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Zoology 3!
This third book in the zoology series takes students on a safari through jungles, deserts, forests, farms, and even their own backyard to explore, examine and enjoy the enchanting creatures God designed to inhabit the terrain. Families will snuggle together and discover the amazing animals from primates to parasites, kangaroos to caimans, and turtles to terrifying T-Rex—and the safari doesn’t end there!
Students will also keep a record of where each animal is found on a map and learn to identify animal tracks. As with all the Apologia elementary books, students will continue the practice of narration, keeping a notebook of what they have learned, and enjoy many hands-on projects and experiments throughout the course.
Regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Zoology 3
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Zoology 3, the Zoology 3 Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete his study of Zoology 3. Not only does it include all the wonderful features of our other Junior Notebooking Journals in the Young Explorer Series, but it also includes as many additional activities, projects and experiments that can be completed in one day or less.
This Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s individual notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text. He will illustrate and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Zoology 3 Notebooking Journal?
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments utilizing a two-day per week plan
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Review Questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- A selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student’s studies, as well as projects and experiments to help your student Dig In Deeper
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
- A Final Review with fifty questions to be answered either orally or in writing to show off all your student remembers and knows about Zoology 3
Your child will treasure his Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.
See the Apologia website for more details and sample pages