Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics
Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics presents a scientifically sound and God-honoring study of chemistry and physics for grades K-6. Your student will study the basic building blocks of creation, atoms and molecules, and then journey through simple chemicals, the laws of motion, and energy in its many forms, before discovering concepts of electricity and magnetism.
Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics Textbook
Introduce your children to the fascinating world of chemistry and physics! The activities and projects in this course are sure to delight and inspire your young minds. They’ll begin by exploring the basic building blocks of creation, atoms and molecules, and then journey through simple chemicals, the laws of motion, and energy in its many forms, before discovering concepts of electricity and magnetism. Along the way, your students will make a bouncy ball, formulate a smoke bomb, build a solar oven, construct a working periscope, fashion a miniature motor, and create a lava lamp! All the while, God will be glorified as the Master Designer of all that they’re discovering about the world and how it works. This exciting course will give your students a love for learning and confidence in science that will carry them through the school years and beyond.
It is an engaging way to teach your young students just how God made everything in the universe. Jeannie Fulbright presents a scientifically sound and God-honoring study that covers atoms, molecules, simple chemicals, laws of motion, electricity, magnetism, and simple machines.
There are 14 lessons included in this one-year Chemistry and Physics course. A detailed daily lesson plan is included in the Notebooking Journals. Lesson topics include:
Lesson topics include:
- Matter and the properties of matter, including density, mass, volume, luster, hardness, smell, and more
- Periodic Table of Elements
- Compound Chemistry: crystals, plastic
- Acids and Bases
- Chemical Reactions
- Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Mixtures
- Motion and Newton’s Three Laws of Motion
- Friction, Gravity, Acceleration, and Force
- Types and Forms of Energy: Kinetic, Potential, Chemical, Nuclear, Wind, Solar, Hydrogen, Geothermal, and more
- Sound Energy
- Light – Sources and Properties
- Thermal Energy
- Electricity: Electrons, Static Electricity
- Types of Circuits,
This Chemistry and Physics course for elementary grades is packed with a variety of hands-on activities, experiments, and projects. These can be completed with household materials. You can view the complete list of lab supplies by viewing the sample.
Chemistry and Physics Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics, the Chemistry and Physics Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete his study of chemistry and physics. Not only does it include all the wonderful features of our other Junior Notebooking Journals in the Young Explorer Series, but it also includes an alternative Cold Climate Schedule as well as many additional activities, projects and experiments that can be completed in one day or less. This Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s individual notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text. He will illustrate and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics Notebooking Journal?
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments utilizing a two-day per week plan
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Review Questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- A selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student’s studies, as well as projects and experiments to help your student Dig In Deeper
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
- A Final Review with fifty questions to be answered either orally or in writing to show off all your student remembers and knows about chemistry and physics
Your child will treasure his Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.
See the Apologia website for more details and sample pages