Exploring Creations with Astronomy 2nd ed
This award-winning homeschool astronomy curriculum from Apologia, Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition, presents a scientifically sound and God-honoring study of astronomy for grades K-6. Content covered includes a tour of the solar system while learning about stars, the Sun, the planets, the moon, meteors, asteroids, galaxies, and astronauts.
Homeschool Astronomy – Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition, Textbook
Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition, is a homeschool science course for elementary grades K-6 and part of our Young Explorer Series authored by Jeannie Fulbright. For over 11 years in a row, The Young Explorer Series has been voted the #1 homeschool science for elementary grades.
Explore the farthest reaches of God’s creation with this new and revised edition of our award-winning astronomy course. With many hands-on activities to help young scientists retain what they learn, our science curriculum uses the Charlotte Mason methodology to introduce elementary-level students to the wonders of our solar system, the stars, and beyond. Our tour of the universe begins with our sun, the planets, the asteroid belt, dwarf planets, and the Kuiper belt. Then we set off across the stars to explore galaxies, nebulae, and even black holes as they reveal the marvel and might of our loving Creator.
What Does Astronomy Cover?
There are 13 lessons included in this one-year astronomy course. A detailed daily lesson plan is included in the Notebooking Journals.
Lesson topics include:
- Our Solar System
- Clocks, Calendars, and Seasons
- Astronomers and Astronauts
- Solar Flares, Auroras, and Sunspots
- Rotation and Revolution
- The Moon’s Phases
- A Comet’s Orbit
- Jupiter’s Rings
Astronomy Regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Astronomy
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition, the Astronomy Regular Notebooking Journal 2nd edition provides everything your student needs to complete this study of astronomy. Not only does it include all the helpful and creative features of our other Notebooking Journals in the Young Explorer Series, but if you purchased the Apologia Science Kit that corresponds to this title, there are extra activities for your student.
This Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text. He will illustrate and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
A detailed daily schedule is included in each of our Regular Notebooking Journals and Junior Notebooking Journals and makes planning a breeze! This schedule lists the pages to read in the textbook and the pages to complete in the journal.
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments. We recommend that you spend approximately 35 weeks covering this book, devoting 2 days per week to the course.
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Review Questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- A selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student’s studies, as well as projects and experiments to help your student Dig In Deeper
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
- A Final Review with fifty questions to be answered either orally or in writing to show off all your student remembers and knows about astronomy
Your child will treasure his Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.
See the Apologia website for more details and sample pages