Exploring Creation with Physical Science 3rd Ed
This 3rd Edition of Exploring Creation with Physical Science course was completely rethought and rewritten with your student in mind. This is not the same as 2nd Edition and covers more physical science information. The text discusses atomic structure, periodic table, chemical bonds, reactions and energy, motion, forces, energy, waves and sound, light, electricity and magnetism, and Earth’s structure, weathering, and atmosphere. If all we ever offer our students is a textbook version of science, they will never get to “own” a discovery that they make during an experiment. Our world is not a world of chaos, and once students begin to see that they can observe a phenomenon, ask questions, and set up a methodical test to answer questions, science will no longer be a class but rather a means to discover their world.
This course is designed to be the last science course the student takes before high school biology. We generally recommend it as an 8th-grade course, but students can use it for their 9th-grade coursework.
Inside Apologias Exploring Creation with Physical Science 3rd Edition:
- Coverage of chemistry, physics, and Earth science to help students gain a solid foundation to confidently complete high school level courses
- “Think About This” sections to help your student make a connection between science and the Creator
- ALL updated experiments with lab reports
- Rich graphics to help present and reinforce information and concepts in a visual way
- A suggested schedule in the front of the Student Notebook and detailed schedule at the beginning of each lesson
- Detailed to-do list at the start of each lesson to help your student plan their assignments and work more independently
- Optional “You Do Science” activities that are quick and easy, designed to help students truly comprehend the concepts they are learning
- Tests provided for each module, however, students are given many study helps via their student notes within the Student Notebook and Study Guide questions once they complete a module
- Complete step-by-step grading rubrics for parents, showing how to calculate a module grade from the student’s module test, lab work, and character displayed throughout the module
Textbook: The textbook is written in a conversational format as the author talks directly to students, walking them through how to complete experiments, how to identify the important parts of the information presented, and where and how to take notes as they progress.
Student Notebook: The Student Notebook pairs perfectly with the textbook, providing easy-to-understand graphics where students fill in the blank spaces as they read. Thus, they are learning how to take information out of a text, identify key points, and critically think through what they are learning.
Solutions and Tests: There are tests provided for each module, and students are given many study helps via their student notes within the Student Notebook and a practice Study Guide they complete once they complete a module.
MP3 Audio CD: Auditory learners take in written information better if they hear it as they read along. Audio helps them stay focused because their brains are able to give more attention to the text. And because rereading and pauses are greatly reduced, they cover more ground in less time — which is encouraging for them and gives them more confidence as scholars.
For more detailed information please see Apologias website