Science Smart Level 5
Textbook Level 5
Workbook Level 5
Teacher’s Guide Level 5 — Contains Scheme-of-Work, lesson plans, wraparound teacher’s notes for Textbook and Workbook, with additional information and tips on conducting and delivering effective Science lessons.
Additional worksheets for consolidation, fun & games, and exam practice are available online for teachers.
Level 5 Science Smart covers the following topics:
- The Life Cycle of Plants - Why do plants reproduce? What happens in the life cycle of a flowering plant? What is seed dispersal?
- Body Systems: Skeletal-Muscular, Digestive and Nervous - What are body systems? How do we move? How do we digest food? What controls our body?
- States of Matter: Boiling, Evaporation and Condensation - Why do changes in state take place? What is boiling? What is evaporation? What factors affect the rate of evaporation? What is condensation? What is the water cycle? Why do we need to conserve water?
- Electricity - What is electricity? What is an electric circuit? What happens when parts of a circuit are changed? What are conductors and insulators of electricity? How can we use electricity safely?
- Light and Shadows - How does light help us see things? How does light travel? What happens to light when it is reflected? How are shadows formed? Why can we see through some objects but not others? How do we measure the intensity of light?
- Movement of the Earth - What is the solar system? Why does the sun appear to move across the sky? How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?
- More About Forces - What are some forces around us? What are mass and weight?