D&D: Maths Smart Level 4A
The Maths SMART series comprehensively covers the Learning outcomes in the Cambridge Primary Curriculum framework using the very popular teaching style of Singapore Maths.
Concepts and key skills within each Chapter are developed in a structured and step by step manner following the popular Concrete > Pictorial > Abstract approach to help pupils gain a firm foundation in mathematics. Well-crafted questions and activities are infused throughout the package to allow pupils to reinforce concepts learnt and enable them to acquire key skills such as creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The System consists of 3 books working together to comprehensively teach each Maths concept: Teachers Guide, Student Textbook & Student Workbook
Teachers Guide: Provides an array of information, ideas and resources for complete teaching support. Every chapter includes :
- Scheme of Work & Chapter Overview
- Lesson Notes
- Supportive Teachers guide features
- Workbook Answer schemes
- Additional online support.
- Chapter Opener
- Learning Outcomes
- "Do you Remember?" questions
- Fascinating Facts
- Use of concrete materials and pictorials
- "Try This" Sections
- Hands on Maths Ideas
- 'On your own' questions
- Workbook links to correct workbook pages
- "Apply what you know" sections
- "I know that" key concept summary
- Worksheets - exercises and activities
- Putting it Together 1 - skill set questions
- Putting it Together 2 - Problem solving, My thoughts & Self Check
- Mid year review paper
Maths Smart 4A covers:
- Numbers to 10,000
- Comparing and ordering numbers
- Number patterns
- Rounding Numbers
- Polygons: regular and irregular polygons, drawing polygons, symmetry in polygons, nets
- Addition and Subtraction with and without regrouping
- Multiplication and Division - with and without regrouping, quotient and remainder.
- Factors, Multiples and Prime Numbers
- Angles - naming angles, measuring angles, turns and right angles
- Position and Movement - direction, co-ordinate grids.