My Printing Book
My Printing Book Series for Year 2 Students or equivalent working Level
This workbook is for first grade students or those working at that level.
- Expanded room for writing
- Now offers digital instruction opportunities
- Lessons emphasize the correct use of lowercase letters in words and sentences
- Activity pages combine handwriting instruction with other language arts lessons
- Practice pages teach writing on different styles of lines
See the Learning Without Tears Website for sample pages
My Printing Book Teacher’s Guide gives multisensory strategies and activities for implementing first grade handwriting instruction.
Our My Printing Book Teacher’s Guide give you the latest resources and strategies for teaching handwriting in the first grade classroom in only 15 minutes per day. With these tools, you'll have everything you need to help children master handwriting, build confidence, and write automatically, without thinking about how to form their letters.
- Accelerated capital letter instruction
- More opportunities for writing practice
- New, streamlined lesson design
- Embedded multimedia makes lesson planning easy
- Simplified teaching guidelines
- Differentiated Instruction
- English Language Learners strategies and activities
- Cross-curricular connections
- School-to-home connections
- Line generalization
- Seamless and fluid instruction, including modeling, writing, and music
Building Writers B
Our Building Writers composition workbooks offer extra practice for writing skills development and can be easily incorporated into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
First grade students practice three styles of writing:
- Narrative: Write a story in order with details and an ending
- Information: Write topic sentences, facts about their topic, and an ending
- Opinion: Write an introduction that states their opinion, reasons that support their opinion, and a conclusion
Grade-level journals provide one organized tool for strengthening handwriting and independent writing skills during writing block.
- Includes wide double lines and regular double lines
- Space for drawing
- Provides additional writing practice
- 80 pages